Thursday, January 24, 2008

This week....

It has been raining for DAYS here in Jo'burg! Ive heard over and over "This is not typical weather." Since the day I got here they have had unusual weather. I've been waiting for the hot, African summer days and I just haven't seen them. I suppose Im glad since we don't have any AC. But sunny skies and a need for shorts would be nice.

One of my college roommates came to Jo'burg for a visit this week!! Kim arrived this past Saturday and will leave this coming Sunday. Poor thing has had bad weather and a bit of a cold while visiting! But they promise a bit of sunshine tomorrow afternoon. We plan to go to the Lion and Rhino Park.

Kim has really been a great help at church. We have tried to organize the Store Room AGAIN...(this seems to be an unending task!) After planning themes for the Pre-school, Kim helped me make a box for each theme. We put books, games, and toys that correspond to each theme in the boxes to help the teachers access what they need.

I am amazed at what we have in the Store Room now. To think about what we had when I first got here (old broken toys..and not many of those). And then to see what we have now, I am AMAZED. God is good. Between local donations and international donations, a little shopping with donated money and some digging in the corners of the church, I think we are well stocked!!

My big wish now is for wooden kitchen furniture for the classes. Right now we have make-shift card board ones. And all teachers know that cardboard is the best way to ask for bug infestations! Yuck! So my needs/wants list has become incredibly short! God is good and provides for our needs!

Ive had a bit of bank trouble....again. A few wires that were supposed to come through did not. The VBMB has been great about trying to solve this problem! And thank God Im able to access some money. Im not worried, just frustrated with the South African banking system!

I was hired to come to South Africa and write a curriculum for the Touch Life Centre. I was also hired to train the teachers. I feel like Im making great progress in both of these areas. It has occurred to me that it will not take me 2 years to complete my tasks. So Im praying hard about what God has planned for my future.

Please help me pray about God's plans. Join me in praising God for providing for our needs. Pray for my bank account to work properly. Pray for a safe flight for Kim on Sunday. And pray for the children and teachers of the Touch Life Centre. I cant begin to tell you how special they are. They have already touched my life in so many ways. They have taught me and given me more than I could dream of teaching or giving them! Pray for them to be protected, loved, cherished and aware of God's love always. And please pray for a little sunshine too!

No comments: