Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Funny Things Kids Say

I love the funny things kids say....it wont be quite the same to type them, so I hope I can convey how funny they truly were.

The first funny comment came from a boy named Emmanuel. Emmanuel is a VERY talkative person. He talks with or without an audience. Once he has your attention, you cant break away. He always has just one more thing to say. The other day Emmanuel told me it was his birthday. He told me his birthday would start when he got home. His family was going to have cake and cold drinks. And then he told me his Dad was going to get him a present.....a key. And he straight face explained that his Dad was going to give him a key for his birthday...........so he could lock his mouth! I cracked up laughing! Emmanuel then reassured me that he would be sure to bring it to school so the other children could use it too!!

Today some of the children were drawing pictures. They were supposed to be drawing pictures of their families. One little girl brought me her picture and said she was finished. When I looked at her paper I saw one person and one flower on the page. I asked "Where is your family? I see you, but where is your mother? Your father? Your sister?" The little girl thought for a brief moment then grinned at me and said "In the picture my mother is at home."

I wish I was better about recording all the funny things kids say.

No comments: