Monday, July 30, 2007

Routine

Although it took me a while to settle in, I finally feel as if I am really going to be here for a while. The first few weeks I couldn’t imagine being here for 2 years. I knew I was called here, I could see the needs and I never doubted my calling to this place…..but I couldn’t imagine 2 years. Everything was so strange and new. But now life has settled into a routine. There is predictability to daily life that is comforting. I am able to navigate around town more easily which gives me more freedom and independence. And Im learning names of the children and other people in the church.

The terrain is very different than VA, but beautiful in its own right. I saw the most beautiful view yesterday. We ate lunch at Pastor Cheryl’s house. She lives out in the suburbs where things are a bit more spread out and much more green. As we left her house, it was dusk. The sky was a dark gray, but the stars hadn’t come out yet. The hills and valleys were dark and shadowed. And all of the houses had begun to turn on their lights. For a moment, looking down into a valley, it looked as if the world had turned upside down. It looked like the stars had been scattered on the ground and the sky was a smooth gray velvet cloth.

Prayer Requests:
1 I am meeting with the teachers of the Day Care on Wednesday at 10ish (around 4AM your time!) I will be presenting suggestions for improvement and showing them a months worth of lessons I have developed. Please pray that they are receptive. Please pray that I make sense when I speak.

2. Pray for Katie, Alyson, Erin and Russell. They are traveling back to the US on Wednesday night. They have spent a few months here and will be greatly missed. Pray that God protects them and continues to direct them as they move on from this place.

3. Pray for time to do laundry. I cant do it during the week. By the time I get home from the Day Care, its too late to wash and hang clothes on the line (no dryers!). And weekends have been very busy. I haven’t quite gotten the routine down.

No comments: