Friday, April 4, 2008

Back to Work!

I was welcomed back to South Africa with a group hug from 20+ children...which nearly knocked me down! But it was fantastic to know I was missed. I can’t begin to explain the joy I feel when I look into these caramel brown eyes. There is no color like it. A golden brown that looks richer than chocolate and softer than a cat resting in the sun. And I get to look into 59 pairs of these eyes every day!! (The 60th pair of eyes are sky blue!)

Now that I’m back in South Africa, I feel like I have a very limited amount of time left. 3 months to finish this curriculum and love on these children and try to solve all the world's problems (at least the ones that fit into Troyeville). Having a deadline has definitely helped me refocus and prioritize.

I often get the feeling that I’m spinning my wheels here. But God is good and gives us a word of encouragement when we need it. Just a couple of nights ago, one of the VA Missionaries commented "I can really see a change happening here at TLC." He saw the Preschool before I arrived and has seen things as they are now. I was so blessed to hear that there are visible and obvious changes. Even when I feel like I’m getting nothing done, God is making things happen here! Please keep praying for the children and the teachers.

No comments: