Friday, July 11, 2008

Home Coming

I am home in VA safe and sound. The flight was uneventful and smooth. Me and all of my luggage made it to VA with no major damage or concerns. I was greeted at the airport by my Dad and 5 great friends. They had posters, horns and flowers for me. They also had those plastic visors that you get from the dollar tree. They turned these upside down and wrote the letters of my name on each visor so that when they were wearing them, they said AMBER. It was so fun to walk out of the terminal to such a greeting!

After a quick trip to Walmart to stock up on soap, shampoo, etc I showered and went to my grandma's house for lunch. American Chinese food is so much better than South African Chinese food!

I got a good nights sleep (Praise Jesus!) and after a little drama trying to find my dress for my interviews, I had 2 interviews. They went well and I am now gainfully employed as a 4th grade teacher. Ahhh....4th grade! That's going to be quite a change from Kindergarten/preschool.

After the interviews, I went home, unpacked a little and went to church. I thought I was going to speak to the youth about my trip. But I was surprised with a "Welcome Home" party instead....how sneaky! Wow, what a blessing to have people so glad to have me home!

My To-Do list is growing shorter and everything seems to be going smoothly. The transition back to the US couldn't have gone any better. God is good and I'm glad to be home.

I plan to write one more blog as a wrap up of my experiences in South Africa..so stay tuned just a little while longer.

No comments: