Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Informatin Update

I have been very bad about keeping everyone updated on my personal information. Sorry! It has changed a few times since Ive been here. But it seems that using the Door of Hope Post Office Box is the best solution.

My mailing address is:
Door Of Hope
Attention: Amber Williams
PO Box 119
Glenvista 2058
Johannesburg, South Africa

This post box is the most dependable. It gets checked regularly, and the postmen know its an orphanage so they are less likely to tamper with the mail. I have received some mail from home...it seems to take about 2 weeks for a regular card to come through.

My Cell Phone Number is:
011 27 82-842-2087

I figure its safe to give this over the internet.....what are the chances a telemarketer will want to make an international call? hahaha Its totally free for me to receive calls...one of the perks of South Africa. Only the person making a call gets charged for the minutes used. :-)

Where to send support:
If you would like to send monetary donations to support the Touch Life Center or the Door of Hope, please send them to the following address:

VBMB
Attention: Jeanette Hildebrand
2828 Emerywood Parkway
Richmond VA 23294

Designated what the money is for (i.e. Touch Life Center, South Africa). The VBMB will wire the money to the church and send you an acknowledgement/tax deduction note. They usually send the wires quarterly. We are expecting the next wire in September.

You can find a list of needs on the link to Carol's website below. I have been making a list of needs for the Touch Life Center (the day care where I work). I will post those specifics in the not-too-distant future.

Thanks for all the cards and emails I have received. It makes me feel so blessed to know that people at home are thinking of me and praying for me!

No comments: