Saturday, August 25, 2007

My Birthday!!

Today is my birthday!!
I dont really feel a lot older. In fact, I havent felt 'older' since I turned 21. How old am I? Not 30 yet! And that is all you need to know. hahaha
How did I celebrate?

I bought lunch from KFC for all of the staff at the church on Friday. Whenever they talk about treating themselves, they talk about buying KFC. So I bought 20 pieces of chicken, drinks and dessert. The desert was Milk Tart. I had never had milk tart until I came to South Africa. I think its British, but the British version is a bit different from the S.A. version from what I hear. The cook at the Day Care made some Pap and gravy to go with the chicken. (Click here to learn about pap.) So I had a little American food and a little South African food. Appropriate dont you think?




On Saturday I was very lazy and did NOTHING! I read part of a book (my favorite past-time) and I enjoyed some quiet time with my Roommate/Fellow Missionary Carol. We ordered pizza and I watched a little bad American television (WWE!). I had a Coke (not diet!) and a Snickers bar with a candle in it!! Cant have a birthday without a candle to blow out! Getting Happy Birthday wishes from my Mom and Dad were probably the 2 highlights of the day. :-)



AND I get to go out to the movies and get an absolutely sinful dessert tomorrow after church!

And as I finish typing this post I realize its midnight.....not my birthday anymore. But its still technically my birthday American-time. Think that counts? Do I get 6 more hours to celebrate? Or is that cheating? hahahaha

1 comment:

Amber said...

ok, sorry that the picture of me is an advertisement for Coke, Snickers and William and Mary. I did not receive any money for posting that picture. hahahaha