Sunday, December 2, 2007

Christmas Bags

Today we had the Sunday School Christmas Program. It was thrown together at the last minute and I wasn’t sure about the outcome, but I was pleasantly surprised. The kids made the best of it and did a good job considering the short notice.

After the program the whole church had some tea and cakes. Having food and fellowship is a Baptist tradition after all.

As the children were leaving, we handed out Christmas bags to all of them. We made enough bags for all of the children that come to Sunday School. But apparently there are some children who know how to church hop this time of year in order to get a present. But God is good and we had enough bags to go around. The notebooks, pencils, crayons, candy, toys and beanie babies were provided by VA Baptists. Some things were sent from VA. Other things were purchased here with the money that was donated to us. Carol's family did a great job getting money and donations from their churches! Thanks!

When I get a chance I will post some pictures of the kids with their bags. I also had to take the opportunity to take a picture of some of my favorite kids sitting down inside of the big box of beanie babies that my church sent to Africa with me. I think it’s awesome that my kids from my church at home helped provide Christmas presents for my kids at my church in Africa! I miss all the kids back in VA SOOO much!!! (ok, ok, I miss the adults too!)

Thank you to all the people who provided things for us to hand out. It was a privilege to get to bless these children because of your generosity. God is good!

Tomorrow (Monday, December 3rd) is the beginning of my teacher training. We will be training Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Please pray for me and the teachers as we work together, learn and plan for next year.

No comments: