Thursday, September 6, 2007

Faith

I went into the sanctuary today for a moment of peace and quiet. And also for a little prayer time. I have been very overwhelmed and humbled lately by all of the needs here at the Touch Life Centre. I am completely and totally unable to help them with everything that they need. And I know in my heart that it isnt going to be making the difference, its going to be God. But knowing God has all the answers doesnt give me all the answers we so desperately need.

As I was praying, Faith (the cook at the Centre) walked into the sanctuary. She was seeking the same thing as me...a moment of peace and quiet. We sat together silently for about a moment and then Faith pulled a Bible out of the pew. She flipped and flipped and flipped and finally found Matthew 7:7 "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you." What a timely reminder from God! I needed His help and He sent someone to remind me that all I have to do is ask for it!

I praise God for Faith. Please pray for her. I learned many things about her during our conversation that break my heart. She is so very sweet and wants desperately to please everyone. She has a wonderfully tender heart. Pray for special blessings for her. Pray for protection for her and her family. Pray that her neighbors see her as a wonderful example of God's love and that they seek and find what she has...God's Love!

1 comment:

Erin said...

What a beautiful story. I sat here and could almost feel myself sitting next to you two, sharing in that. I'm glad you were able to have that moment with Faith...how I miss her smile and her laughter!