Sunday, September 23, 2007

A Poem of Worship

I was asked to read a poem at church one Sunday. I couldnt find one I liked, so I just wrote one. I was really trying to focus on the fact that worship is something you DO..its an action. So I tried to start every pair of lines with a verb. As you can tell, it sounds very much like a psalm...that's cause I was reading the psalms right before I wrote it. Here it is....

Praise the Lord here in this place.
Praise our God for his wonderful grace.

Tell of his glory, his power and love.
Tell of the one who reigns up above.

Sing and be glad for our God is great.
Sing of the wonders that He did create.

Shout for joy, be glad He is King.
Shout to the Lord, let your praises ring.

Worship the Lord with prayers and with song.
Worship the Lord all the day long.

Love the Lord for He sent his Son.
Love the Lord, His will be done.

Lift your feet and dance around.
Lift your voice, make a joyful sound.

Raise your hands and praise his name.
Raise a prayer- thank God Christ came.

Praise the Lord, our God of love.
Praise the Lord who reigns above.

by Amber Williams
1st September 2007

1 comment:

Philadelphia SDA Bible Study said...

Hello,

I was looking for a motivational thought for sabbath schoolon the topic of worship and i cam across your poem - it is such a blessing. Thank you for allowing God to use you. Be blessed on your christian journey. Keep writing. Keep Praising.

God Bless,
Laphelia