Saturday, October 6, 2007

Burn, Books and Big Job

Its been raining alot lately. Thursday was a nice break from all the rain. I spent the morning on the playground with the older kids. In the afternoon I spent some time on the playground reading. It was warm but there was a nice breeze. After that much time in the sun....you guessed it....I got a sunburn! Dont worry, I went to the pharmacy and bought some sun screen right after work.


Friday, Carol and I rode to Pretoria to pick up a truck load of free resources for the church. Apparently churches in the states have partnered with this BIG church in Pretoria. They pack and ship a tractor trailer load full of out dated materials. The church here invites the neighboring churches to come share in the wealth. They target churches that dont have the money to buy these resources. It was amazing to see full sets of curriculum, VBS kits and Open Windows devotionals. What a great way to get more use out of old resources.

Im making progress with the curriculum Im putting together. I wanted to get the whole year planned with themes, stories and skills so I could work on the detailed lesson plans month by month. Ive planned, re-planned, unplanned and planned again. Some days I feel like I havent gotten far. Other days I see a light at the end of the tunnel. Resources and materials are so different here than in the States....so it takes a little creative planning on my part. I am definitely out of my comfort zone.

No comments: