Friday, October 26, 2007

Discouraged

Im feeling particularly discouraged today. I dont know if its the weather (cold and rainy), or if its just Satan trying to mess with me. But Im feeling a bit lost when it comes to this job. I have found that I go through cycles here in South Africa. I feel hope and joy at working with the kids. I see wonderful things that can happen and Im blessed to be a part of them. Then a day like today comes and I feel like Im not making a big enough difference. I feel like Im floundering and not meeting anyone's expectations. I feel like I cant do enough, I cant do it good enough and I cant do it fast enough.

Please pray for better communication between me and the entire church staff. Pray that we can all see how God is working wonderful things through all of our human blunders. Pray that the teachers will be open to drastic changes. Pray that they will see how changes brought can make the kids happier and their jobs easier. Pray that I can keep my eyes focused on what God has planned. Pray that I dont get distracted by the delays and small steps.

God is good all the time. Im so gald I can write about what is going on here and KNOW that you will pray. I have no idea how many people read this blog. But I thank each and every one of you. Wether I know you personally or not, your prayers are making a difference. I am humbled that you keep coming back to read more. Please know that God is doing great things (even on the days when Im discouraged).

No comments: