Monday, October 8, 2007

Good News

I wanted to update you on a little boy at the Pre-school who was tested for HIV. Thabo's (Ta-Bow) test results were negative! Praise God! No HIV!! Please continue to pray for him. We are trying to get his legal custody straightened out. Pray that this will be a matter of paper work and that no other problems will arise during this process.

I also wanted to share with you the joy I feel when I get to speak to these children about God. Although I tried to show God's love, I wasn't able to speak about God as a public school teacher. I am so blessed now that I have the freedom to speak about God ANY TIME I WANT! I get to sing about God, to talk about His love and provision. And nothing is more precious than asking a class “What story should I tell today?” and hearing them ask for Bible Stories!

Today I watched as the children practiced for their Graduation Program. They sang about God. They acted out the Nativity Story. They recited the Lord's Prayer. And they danced to praise Jesus.
I was nearly in tears....I am so blessed to be a part of the lives of these children.
I was nearly doubled over laughing because of the way they danced and sang some of the words wrong.
I was proud to see them trying to hard to get everything right.
And I was a bit overwhelmed that these 60 children are constantly looking to me and the other teachers to know how to act.....how to act in the play and how to act in life.

I cant thank you enough for your prayers, encouragement and support that make it possible for me to be here and experience all of these things. I feel I am unable to fully express what is happening here. I cant show you how obvious it is that you are praying. I can physically see and feel the power of your prayers. I cant show you the joy in these little faces as they get socks, balloons and stickers that YOU have provided. I wish that everyone could come here and experience it for themselves, because words will never describe the powerful things God is doing here.

If you ever want to see it for yourself, all you need is a passport and a plane ticket! Anyone is welcome to come and visit and see for yourselves what is going on here in Jo'burg. Warning: We may put you to work!

No comments: