Saturday, October 20, 2007

Rugby Fan

For those of you who dont know me really well....Ive never been a big sports fanatic. Until now! Somehow I am hooked on Rugby. The Rugby World Cup is being held in France this year. I have watched many of the games on TV. Im actually proud of myself because I have learned some of the rules of the game and can cheer along with the other rugby fans here in South Africa. I dont know how it happened, but I finally found a sport I enjoy watching.

The South African team is called the Springboks. They have done really well and are in the finals. Tonight is the last game. South Africa vs England. I am amazed at all the pride that can be seen all over South Africa. TV shows are moved to make room for Springbok specials. EVERYONE is wearing Springbok colors (green and gold). Flags are flying and all of the stores have dress their manaquins in green and gold. Springbok fever has hit. Im tempted to spend an atrocious amount of money on a Springbok jersey, but Im not sure I could find one in the store today!

Im looking forward to the game tonight. The Springboks have a good chance of winning the finals! Go Springboks!

No comments: