Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Salvation Bracelets


Sunday was our last Children's Church at Troyeville. There aren’t enough workers and way to many kids for the format we were using. So for now we will continue with Sunday School, but Children's Church has been cancelled.

My church in VA sent salvation bracelets for all of the children here in SA. I thought this last Children's Church was a great time to give them out. I told the children what each color stood for. We read a Bible Verse for each color. Then we prayed.

After talking about salvation, I showed them a cartoon of Joshua and the wall of Jericho (this is what the Sunday School classes are focusing on this month). Then we went to Sunday School. I asked the children in my class if they could remember what each color on their bracelet was for.....and they remembered them all!!! Thanks BGBC for the bracelets! The children LOVED them. I have a lot left over. We plan to give them to the youth and then pass them out in the community.

1 comment:

Amber said...

I just noticed all the different shades of skin in that picture! It amazing that there are so many shades of skin and yet we try to lump people into categories like black and white. Who could look at a picture like that and try to lump all those beautiful shades into one big color category? What is it about us humans that makes up want to divide up in "us" and "them" groups? I can't wait til heaven when we are all one big group with lots of different colors.