Thursday, May 29, 2008

Beauty

There is so much beauty here in South Africa. I wish there was a way to share it other than through words and pictures. Here are a few of the things I think are beautiful here in South Africa:
  • Sunsets
  • City lights at night
  • Babies laughing
  • Children smiling
  • Kids yelling "Another one!" when I've run out of books to read.
  • Hearing kids sing Jesus songs I taught them
  • Watching older brothers take care of younger siblings
  • Purple trees in the Spring
  • Hearing children chant "Tee-ja Amba, Tee-ja Amba" (teacher Amber)
  • Hugs from 60 kids all at once
  • Lightning shows that rival fireworks
  • Moms with babies on their backs
  • Hearing 6 different languages/accents in one prayer meeting

I could go on and on. This place is truly beautiful. I hope some of the stories and pictures I have shown reflect a little of the beauty of South Africa.

No comments: