Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Update

Things were quiet at the church last night. Praise God! Bible Study tomorrow night has NOT been canceled. I’m not sure I’m comfortable being at the church after dark. I’m going to pray about it before I decide if I’m going to stay for Bible Study or not.

Other than the unrest in South Africa, I had a very GREAT, very BUSY weekend. Saturday I went with Nomalanga (head teacher at the Day Care), her 2 children and Russell (another volunteer here in Jo'burg) to the zoo. I love going to the zoo with kids. They are always so excited and fascinated by the new things they see. We had a great time!

After the zoo, a bunch of American volunteers went to play Adventure Golf. This is a lot like putt-putt, only the greens are really long and have lots of hills, twists, drops and curves. I’m horrible at putt-putt! But I’m even worse at Adventure Golf. But we had a lot of fun!

Sunday I went on a hike with the youth group. We climbed a hill that had an amazing view of the city. We could see major landmarks to the north, south, east and west. The hike up was rushed (teenagers proving their youthfulness). But I hung back and enjoyed the view. At the top of the big hill we stopped to pray over the city. We especially prayed for the foreigners that are being attacked. Several of the youth on the hike are from other countries. From the top of the hill, everything looked so peaceful and calm. It was hard to believe that violent attacks were happening in various places all across the city.

Sunday night I got to talk to and SEE my dad, grandma, cousin and aunt! We used video on the computers to make the call and get to see each other. It was great to SEE people from home! I can’t wait to see them face-to-face, but until then, this was a great treat!

No comments: