Sunday, June 15, 2008

Last Sunday School

Today was my last Sunday School class with the 1-3 Grade kids. The next 3 Sundays I will be very busy, so I will not be able to teach them....and after that I will be HOME!

To celebrate and say goodbye, I bought cake, chips, cookies and lolly pops for the kids. They really seemed to enjoy the special treat. The food altogether for the 20 kids in my class couldn't have cost more than $20. During the party, one of the girls commented to her friend "Auntie Amber must be rich!" I am still humbled by the fact that I am VERY rich in the eyes of these children. I would never consider myself rich by American standards, but here I'm wealthy compared to 95% of the population.

After eating, we made Father's Day cards and just had a fun time hanging out. I prayed and asked God to bless these children before they left. As the children were leaving I made sure to tell each of them that I love them. One little girl walked out and came back in the room a few minutes later as I was still cleaning up. She gave me a great big hug and said "God bless you so much." Wow....a child blessing me!

I will really miss these kids. They are so sweet and have really challenged me to be a better teacher. It was really very sad to start the "good-bye" process.

No comments: