Monday, June 16, 2008

Paige and Ben

My best friend Paige and her 14 year old son Ben are on their way to South Africa. I'm so excited!!! I'm so thankful that I'm going to be able to share my experiences in South Africa with these two special people.

I have used Paige as a sounding board most of the past year. As I have been writing the curriculum and training the teachers, I have bounced ideas off of Paige. Her experiences and knowledge of pre-schoolers has been invaluable. She has been not only a friend and pray partner, but she has also been a great resource over the past 12 months. She has also been vital in helping me gather things from my home church. She has made calls, wal-mart runs and packed many bags that have come across the ocean to bless us and meet some material needs. Now she will be able to bring her expertise to South Africa. She is going to be here to help me wrap things up and finalize the curriculum. I'm so thankful that she will be able to see these people. She has already helped them in so many ways and now she will get to love them up close and personal. Please pray for her. Pray that she is able to communicate with the teachers in a way that will help them focus on the real reason they are working with these children. Pray that she has fun! And pray that she doesn't get car/boat/plane sick.

I'm also excited that Ben is coming with Paige. Ben has a heart that desires to serve God. He has so much energy and potential bundled up and ready to be used in a BIG way. I don't have a lot of structured activities for Ben while he is here. For the most part, he will be helping me watch the kids while some of the teachers are in training with Paige. Please pray that God helps Ben to see ways to use his skills and gifts while here in South Africa. Pray that Ben is able to see the ways God works and has a stronger passion to serve when he leaves here 2 weeks from now. I remember being his age and desiring to serve God. I never imagined it would be HERE in South Africa. Pray for Ben's heart and mind be open to whatever God has planned for him both now and in the future.

I also ask that you pray for Paige's family that is staying in the US. Her sons Steven and Nathan and her husband Wesley. I'm sure they will all survive without her for 2 weeks, but that doesn't make them miss her any less.

Did I mention that I'm SOOO excited?

No comments: